Much of this website introduces issues about which there is much more that can be said. On this page, we’ve gathered together information and links to more in-depth articles, papers, etc.
Some of these resources are specifically linked-to below; the others can be supplied on request by email.
Case Studies & Presentations
- Helping with the DIO’s biggest outsourcing contract: how NIP’s ARC diagnostic approach delivered the transformative potential to help turn round the Defence Infrastructure Organisation’s struggling £1.2bn outsourcing contract with Amey (initially CarillionAmey).
- FSL Trebles SC21 Customer Engagement: complementing Q&D feedback by engaging multiple customers with the SC21 RMM – made possible by NIP’s ARC RMR Service.
- FSL Scale-up Relationship Engagement: applying the SC21 RMM in new ways made possible by NIP’s ARC RMR Service.
- Red Hat use NIP’s Partner Portfolio Profile Manager: making it simple for alliance managers to analyse individual alliances/ partnerships and the overall portfolio, and then plan actions to achieve corporate strategies.
- Example management presentation of diagnostic output: an overview and cross-section of the automated reports & analysis for a multi-£bn outsourcing contract (from a short diagnostic run with ~300 stakeholders across 4 regions).
- Collective Impact / Issue Management presentation.
- Sample diagnostic report for an individual respondent [PDF]: showing the structure of ‘Business Value Codes’, how they communicate what ‘good to great’ looks like, and how they can be used to capture scores, comments and suggested improvement actions.
- “Sustainability”: why it is currently unsustainable: an analysis of the sustainability domain that looks at the origins of “sustainability”, how it has grown beyond recognition in the meantime, how it is confused with other agendas and riddled with self-interest, how it fails to engage business, how it is wasteful, and how it is doomed to fail.
- An introduction to the draft ISO 44001 standard: a series of articles looking at the draft of ISO 44001 “Collaborative business relationship framework”, which was released for comment on 6th January 2016 (as ISO 11000).
- When spreadsheets aren’t “free” as assessment support tools.
- Articles by NIP – or about NIP’s solutions – in the ICW’s annual publication, The Partner:
- 2019: “Optimism in the face of complexity”, by Tim Seabrook (pages 60-62).
- 2019: “Unlocking the value of collaborative working” (pages 88-89).
- 2014: “Scaling-up collaborative relationship management and measurement: where and how does it go wrong?”
- 2012: “Technology support for collaborative change programmes”.
- 2009: “On-Line CRAFT”.
- 2008: “Partnering to transform the supply chain”.
- Some thoughts on Knowledge Management.
- Non-disclosure agreement (NDA) – so we can talk more openly and in confidence.
- Support documents – Service Level Agreement (SLA), etc – and materials about RFP processes, etc.
- SOPs and other quality documentation.
- MedInfoSys® Briefing Notes – articles covering key issues affecting medical information systems and surrounding issues.
- NIP’s JOSCAR registration certificate.