Management Commitment Assessment (Method 2)
Management Commitment Method 2 is a 4-section 23-parameter diagnostic tool, based on the EFQM Excellence model, and is typically completed by a number of participants. It establishes the managerial processes which enable a LEAN approach within an organisation.
It assesses how an organisation’s senior management team is enabling LEAN and driving business results across boundaries, including customers and suppliers.
The Management Commitment Questionnaire is shorter than the Assessment (Method 1) and has been developed from the EFQM’s Determining Excellence. It is aimed at SMEs or those that have only recently started a LEAN implementation.
Answers questions like:
- “Where should we focus (improvement) attention?”
- Web-based managed service.
- Automated participant invitations, reminders and progress tracking.
- Target setting option.
- Optional anonymity opt out.
- Capture of parameter scoring and related issues.
- Reports updated in real-time.
- Consensus management.
- Facilitator / Practitioner validation.
- In-depth gap analysis between organisations, departments, functional teams, etc.
- Capture suggested improvement actions.
- Recommended actions (Improvement Report).
- Export comments and suggested improvement actions to action management tool.
- Categorise participants under ‘roles’ for role-based reporting.
How it works:
- Individual or multiple self-assessments of one organisation (or department, project, team, etc).
- Typically 1-5 participants.
- Aim to repeat every 12 months.