The Capability Alignment is a tool based originally on BS 11000, which has now been superseded by the international ISO 44001 standard.
It is typically completed by a number of participants to establish the the degree of convergence/divergence between organisations. It also establishes the readiness of an organisation to engage in collaborative working relationships/partnering arrangements.
Answers questions like:
- “How ready are the parties to enter into a collaborative relationship?”
- “Where are the strengths and weaknesses in knowledge and capability?”
- “Where are opportunities for knowledge sharing between the parties?”
- “Do our present challenges stem from a lack or gap of knowledge and/or capability in a particular area?”
- “What competencies and behaviours do we need to develop?”
- Web-based managed service.
- Automated participant invitations, reminders and progress tracking.
- Optional anonymity control.
- Capture of parameter scoring and related issues.
- Reports updated in real-time.
- Simple or ‘in-depth’ questionnaire (latter based on our Capability Assessment).
- In-depth gap analysis between organisations, departments, functional teams, etc.
- Capture suggested improvement actions.
- Export comments and suggested improvement actions to action management tool.
- Categorise relationships for category-based reporting.
- Categorise participants under ‘roles’, for role-based reporting.
How it works:
- Individual or multiple self-assessments of one organisation (or department, project, team, etc).
- Typically 2-10 participants per organisation (scalable to as many as needed).
- Aim to repeat every 12 months.