Medical enquiries are at the heart of medical information and they are at the heart of MedInfoSys®, whether received by telephone, email, letter, fax or via third party sources – CRM systems, web forms, etc.
Logging enquiries in MedInfoSys® is as streamlined and automated as possible – increasing efficiency by minimising retyping or copying, whilst ensuring data integrity – and our customers frequently say how intuitive the system is in this respect:
- A comprehensive form ensures that all the necessary information is captured to satisfy corporate and regulatory standards, including – if these option are enabled – the ability to capture and refer Adverse Event and/or PQC information.
- There is a powerful facility to look-up past enquirers and populate contact details.
- The ability to complete many fields with user-defined drop-down “picklists” and appropriate defaults increases speed and accuracy, especially when logging enquiries on the telephone.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) can be used to populate initial details of the question asked and the answer given.
- Any field on the form can be configured to be mandatory before the enquiry can be closed (e.g. for compliance with best practice and/or to generate accurate metrics later) – this includes the option to ensure that every enquiry is checked as to whether or not it has an AE and/or PQC element.
- Links can be made to existing enquiries (for example, creating a new follow-up enquiry to an existing one).
Related information is grouped together in expandable sections, including the storage of all responses with their related enquiry.
The language of the system interface is English, but many picklists can contain values in local language, and any language can be freely typed into textboxes, which is then fully searchable (together with all text-based attachments).