As the first point of contact for many companies’ customers, medical information professionals generate high value information that can and should be shared within and beyond the medical information department:
- Metrics of enquiries and fulfilment times
- Trends in the questions asked and who is asking them, e.g.:
- Straight after a product launch or a new strength/indication
- Issues that show that the sales force needs more information or training
- Patterns of particular types of enquiry, such as Adverse Events and Product Complaints, etc
MedInfoSys® is designed to support the collection and consistency of the data necessary to support this kind of sharing, and provides a powerful combination of report types and data exports to then enable it:
- Detailed management reports are always available – there is no need to program and run special report writing routines
- Basic information like product, enquiry source and category are easily analysed and displayed in various layouts
- Performance metrics – including resources used, time to closure, etc. – are automatically generated for each enquiry, and can then be used to monitor departmental and individual response times
- Standard views provide in-depth monthly analysis of the enquiries and can highlight trends – by product, month, staff member, time taken, category, etc.
- Many of the reports will display a dynamic chart of the results that can be printed or pasted into other documents (e.g. Word), and this data can be exported into Excel for further re-presentation and analysis.