Supplier Development Plan
SC21 encourages signatories to develop and progress a ‘Supplier Development Plan’. Comments and suggested improvement actions from the SC21 (particularly the RMR and RelEx) diagnostic tools can be added (or even imported automatically) to an online Kanban-board-based action management tool.
Action plans may be ‘tagged’ with the specific supplier they relate to so that they may be seen in the context of all general supply chain development and/or on a dedicated supplier-specific board.
Actions also typically flow from a number of areas and activities:
- Customer or supplier requirements.
- Change management and Improvement programmes.
- Diagnostic and assessment outputs.
- Existing programmes and projects.
- Planning activities.
- Risk and dependency assessments.
- etc, etc.
Addressing key issues not only builds trust, but also enhances the quality and effectiveness of a relationship.
Answers questions like:
- “How do I make sure any change/improvement initiative doesn’t stall?”
- “How can I make sure that the relevant people have access to the relevant actions, while also being able to have an overview of activity progression?”
- Web-based service.
- Expertly aligned to SC21 best practice and templates.
- Based on ‘Kanban Board’ approach.
- ‘Drag and drop’ action progression.
- Assign action owner.
- Access model allows for central overview with restricted access for action owners.
- Colour coded priority.
- Various progress and department reports, updated in real-time.
- Customised fields.
- Custom reports.
- Share access with other organisation(s) (e.g. for Joint Relationship Management Plans).
How it works:
- Import actions.
- Assign ownership.
- Track progress.