ManEx Manufacturing Excellence Diagnostic
Manufacturing Excellence (ManEx) is based on core LEAN tools and techniques, drawing on the EFQM Excellence model. It is typically completed by a number of participants on a manufacturing cell by cell basis.
The diagnostic establishes the readiness of an organisation to apply LEAN internally and drive business results across organisational boundaries.
The output from the diagnostic activity is used as an input to the joint, continuous sustainable improvement plan. As well as identifying opportunities for improvement, there are scoreboard mechanisms embedded in both the determining excellence and manufacturing excellence models. These enable benchmarking and comparisons with other organisations to be conducted.
Answers questions like:
- “Where should we focus (improvement) attention?”
- Web-based managed service.
- Automated participant invitations, reminders and progress tracking.
- Target setting option.
- Optional anonymity control.
- Capture of parameter scoring and related issues.
- Reports updated in real-time.
- Consensus management.
- Facilitator/Practitioner support.
- In-depth gap analysis between organisations, departments, functional teams, etc.
- Capture suggested improvement actions.
- Recommended actions (Improvement Report).
- Export comments and suggested improvement actions to action management tool.
- Categorise participants under ‘roles’, for role-based reporting.
How it works:
- Individual or multiple self-assessments of one organisation (or department, project, team, etc).
- Typically 1-5 participants.
- Aim to repeat every 12 months.