Much of this website introduces issues about which there is much more that can be said. On this page, we’ve gathered together information and links to more in-depth articles, papers, etc.
Some of these resources are specifically linked-to below; the others can be supplied on request by email.
Case Studies & Presentations
- Helping with the DIO’s biggest outsourcing contract: how NIP’s ARC diagnostic approach delivered the transformative potential to help turn round the Defence Infrastructure Organisation’s struggling £1.2bn outsourcing contract with Amey (initially CarillionAmey).
- FSL Trebles SC21 Customer Engagement: complementing Q&D feedback by engaging multiple customers with the SC21 RMM – made possible by NIP’s ARC RMR Service.
- FSL Scale-up Relationship Engagement: applying the SC21 RMM in new ways made possible by NIP’s ARC RMR Service.
- Red Hat use NIP’s Partner Portfolio Profile Manager: making it simple for alliance managers to analyse individual alliances/ partnerships and the overall portfolio, and then plan actions to achieve corporate strategies.
- Example management presentation of diagnostic output: an overview and cross-section of the automated reports & analysis for a multi-£bn outsourcing contract (from a short diagnostic run with ~300 stakeholders across 4 regions).
- Collective Impact / Issue Management presentation.
- Sample diagnostic report for an individual respondent [PDF]: showing the structure of ‘Business Value Codes’, how they communicate what ‘good to great’ looks like, and how they can be used to capture scores, comments and suggested improvement actions.
- An introduction to the draft ISO 11000 standard: a series of articles looking at the draft of ISO 11000 “Collaborative business relationship framework”, which was released for comment on 6th January 2016.
- When spreadsheets aren’t “free” as assessment support tools.
- Articles by NIP – or about NIP’s solutions – in the ICW’s annual publication, The Partner:
- 2014: “Scaling-up collaborative relationship management and measurement: where and how does it go wrong?”
- 2012: “Technology support for collaborative change programmes”.
- 2009: “On-Line CRAFT”.
- 2008: “Partnering to transform the supply chain”.
- Some thoughts on Knowledge Management.
- Non-disclosure agreement (NDA) – so we can talk more openly and in confidence.
- Support documents – Service Level Agreement (SLA), etc – and materials about RFP processes, etc.
- SOPs and other quality documentation.
- MedInfoSys® Briefing Notes – articles covering key issues affecting medical information systems and surrounding issues.
- NIP’s JOSCAR registration certificate.