Supply Chain Management
Supplier selection, assessment, development, monitoring and performance measurement are at the heart of successful Supply Chain Management.
In order to provide effective automated support, we have identified and positioned key supply chain roles and mapped them onto a 2x2 matrix, enabling the appropriate deployment of suitable diagnostic and activity & action management systems.
Through the A|D|S SC21 initiative, the Aerospace and Defence community has assembled one of the more complete supply chain programmes. NIP have duly worked closely with them to automate their performance improvement initiatives in the SC21 Supply Chain Management Suite:
- Relationship Management Review (RMR).
- Relationship Excellence (RelEx).
- Management Commitment – Method 1 and Method 2.
- Manufacturing Excellence (ManEx).
- Business Excellence (BusEx).
The suite utilises NIP’s Diagnostic Management Framework, providing “one stop” access to the common functionality required to manage a variety of diagnostic tools and processes:
- Web-based service, managed by NIP, but can be run by an external consultant or taken ‘in-house’.
- Automated participant invitation and progression process (deadlines, reminders, etc).
- Capture of parameter scoring and related issues.
- Reporting at multiple levels – individual diagnostics, portfolios, etc.
Alongside other sources, the activities & actions from selected diagnostics feed into:
- A Continuous Sustainable Improvement Plan (CSIP) – a prioritised plan of those activities which are undertaken in order to improve effectiveness and performance of an organisation.
- Relationship Management Plans – prioritised plans of those activities which are undertaken in order to improve effectiveness and performance of each Business to Business relationship.
…which are, in turn, supported by NIP’s Kanban Actions Manager.